Who the hell am I?
Well I’ll try to be as vague and precise as possible. I don’t want to put to much private info on the web 🙂 Not that I am paranoid but it never hurts to be on the safe side.
I am a 30+ year old male from the Netherlands. I am married and have kids. I work in the tech industry as an engineer/specialist. Next to games I also play some guitar.
I play mostly with others, real-life friends, online friend or random online people. So mostly competitive games. In games I tend to play whatever the team needs, in MOBA’s often pick support. My absolute favorite game setting is a good old LAN party. Playing with friends, couple of beers and laughing with them (the friends I mean, not the beers).
Games I actively play:
- Heroes of the Storm – Also love this game! The community is really good, shorter games (more flexible, which is great with the kids and all) and very fun to play!
- Stellaris – I play this with alone or with friends now and then. Great game for in between as well since I can pause it 🙂
- Civilization (V and VI) – I play Civ V with Giant Mutiplayer Robot (hotseat) online with friends, with GMR you play around 1 turn a day.
Games I used to play a lot (I know, I know, some are ancient…):
- Medal of Honor Allied Assault – This got me hooked to gaming, I played clan wars and stuff.
- Call of Duty – From CoD 1, CoD UO up to CoD BO 2 even.
- World of Warcraft – From the very beginning, then a long break then played a short while during Cataclysm
- Command & Conquer Red Alert – 1,2 and 3. I played 2 and 3 online a lot with a friend.
- League of Legends – Got me hooked on MOBA’s. I love this game! However Heroes of the Storm is now my main focus.
- World of Tanks – I play(ed) this with a friend, fun game and free. Although I cannot seem to keep my attention on it for long.
There are tons of other games I have played or play on occasion.
I also have a Xbox 360 which I don’t use much, except to play FIFA 14 with friends. Which the console is great for, a couple of friends, 4 controllers and a few beers.
As mentioned on my page Whats this site all about?… I don’t know exactly where this website is going. But I would like to have a place to talk about games and possibly meet fellow gamers with the same interests. This might sound a bit wacky, but it would be nice to find people with the same life style, interests and game preferences. So basically some “filthy casuals”.